Thursday, August 16, 2007

Been Busy !

Sorry for those of you who are expecting more from Africa, as you should be, but I have been a very busy man. My full time job sometimes calls on me to take pictures at night or during the evening which is great but also results in a distorted schedule not allowing me too much spare time.

So here's what I have been up too! I shot many cars as I do every week but this past week was different in the way that I took to heart a couple of those cars and as it turned out, made decent pictures of them.


This 2007 Ford Mustang GT image was taken at a great location near my apartment. It was completely dark yet some workers were still doing their thing which yield a great background of dusty and broken glass pains.


My ligh set-up for the shot was two flash (Nikon SB-28) on either end of the car to highlight the front and rear as well as two other flash (Canon 580 EX) shot at the side of the car at an angle to prevent to many reflections from showing up on the frame. Here a little effort at drawing a set-up shot...please bare with me here!


(click on images for larger pictures)

Here is another shot done very recently but this time very straight forward for most of the time I am very restricted in time and need to find and shoot a car within a very, very short time frame.


Olivier and I passed in front of this road circus kinda thing setting up in a parking lot and he thought it would be a good idea. I was at a loss as to where to shoot a 100k car in less than an hour but as it turned out it wasn't so bad at all.

Thanks to Olivier who always seem to find time to give me a much needed helping hand on these shoots.

So that's what I've been up to lately, well my full time job really! I should be able to get up to speed with my Africa trip this week-end... I think...I hope !!!

Cheers !
PhiL

No comments: